Do you feel that your lawyer mishandled your Illinois personal injury case? If so, you may be able to pursue legal action against their law firm for Legal Malpractice.
Legal malpractice can take many forms…in general terms, it can be defined as negligent legal error, breach of contract, or breach of fiduciary duty by a lawyer or law firm.
If you or a family member are concerned your case may have been mishandled – or that you were in some way misrepresented, “cheated”, or “shortchanged” – please contact our law offices immediately.
Lawyers are supposed to represent their client’s interests. However, there are many ways in which a lawyer can fall short of fulfilling their duties. Unfortunately, their clients often pay for these shortcomings, carelessness, or negligence.
If you believe that you may have been the victim of legal malpractice, call the Elman Law Group at 773-392-8182 to immediately talk to a distinguished trial lawyer. This consultation is provided free of charge.
More information concerning personal injury legal malpractice can be seen at the Elman Law Group’s Chicago Legal Malpractice Trial Lawyer website (www.ChicagoLegalMalpracticeTrialLawyer.com)
If you ever are in need of a Personal Injury attorney, choosing the right attorney can be a key determinant as to the outcome of your case.
Here are some questions you may wish to ask a Personal Injury attorney before hiring them to represent you:
- How long have you been a Personal Injury attorney?
- What is your niche or concentration within Personal Injury law? (Personal Injury law is broad – it can range from medical malpractice to auto injuries – so selecting a lawyer who is very familiar in your type of Personal Injury case is important.)
- Do you handle cases on a contingency fee basis?
- How much do you charge, and when will these fees be paid?
- How many current clients do you have, and how much time will you be able to spend on my case?
- Will you refer my case to another law firm once I become your client? (Some law firms will sign up cases and then refer them to other attorneys.)
- Who at your firm will I deal with, an attorney or a law clerk or paralegal? (Make sure you know how the firm operates, so that your case gets the attention it deserves from an actual attorney.)
- Does your law firm have extensive litigation experience? (Can the lawyer go before a jury and convince them of the merits of your case?)
- Is your law firm well-known in the legal community? Do defense attorneys respect (and fear) the lawyer?
- Is your firm aggressive? (Will they push to get the case resolved quickly – with just compensation – or will the case languish due to inaction as the statute of limitations erodes?)
- Will you come to my home or hospital room or do I have to travel to your offices regardless of the inconvenience this may cause me?
- From the start of my case, will you prepare the case for a trial or take the shorter path of a settlement?
Elman Law Group LLC is an Illinois Personal Injury law firm that concentrates in car accidents as well as other vehicle-related accidents (pedestrian, bicycle, bus, truck, etc) This intense focus – plus an average of 30 years average experience among our attorneys – allows us to consistently achieve winning verdicts and settlements.
We can be reached at (773) 392-8182 at any time