Lake County Sheriff’s Police Car “Rear-Ended”

There was a Lake County car accident Thursday night (December 19, 2013) involving a car that “rear-ended” a Lake County Sheriff police car in Grayslake, Illinois.

The accident happened at approximately 8:00 p.m. Thursday, on southbound Illinois Highway 83 at Winchester Road.

The Lake County Sheriff’s Sergeant was transported to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville, with non-life-threatening injuries and has been released.

The man who “rear-ended” the police car was identified as Pedro Navarrete, 39, of Barrington.  According to the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, he was charged with two felony counts of aggravated driving under the influence; a felony count of driving on a revoked license; operating an uninsured motor vehicle; and failing to reduce speed in order to avoid an accident.

Additional details and possible updates can be seen in a variety of media sources, including the December 20, 2013 Chicago Tribune article titled “Barrington motorist hits squad, charged with DUI” as well as the December 20 Lake County News-Sun article titled “Man hits sheriff’s squad, charged with DUI.”


Should you be involved in a vehicle accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights.  Elman Law Group, LLC has compiled a reference document titled “10 Steps You Should Follow After an Auto Accident.”


Elman Law Group LLC ( is a law firm that concentrates in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases involving vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, bike, bus, pedestrian, truck, etc.) This intense focus allows us to consistently achieve winning verdicts and settlements for our clients.

Should you be involved in a car accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights.  You should not assume – especially without proper legal representation – that you will receive appropriate compensation for your injuries, hardships and/or losses.  To immediately speak directly with a trial lawyer from the Elman Law Group, call (773) 392-8182 at any time.  There is no fee for this consultation.