If you ever are in need of a Personal Injury attorney, choosing the right attorney can be a key determinant as to the outcome of your case.
Here are some questions you may wish to ask a Personal Injury attorney before hiring them to represent you:
- How long have you been a Personal Injury attorney?
- What is your niche or concentration within Personal Injury law? (Personal Injury law is broad – it can range from medical malpractice to auto injuries – so selecting a lawyer who is very familiar in your type of Personal Injury case is important.)
- Do you handle cases on a contingency fee basis?
- How much do you charge, and when will these fees be paid?
- How many current clients do you have, and how much time will you be able to spend on my case?
- Will you refer my case to another law firm once I become your client? (Some law firms will sign up cases and then refer them to other attorneys.)
- Who at your firm will I deal with, an attorney or a law clerk or paralegal? (Make sure you know how the firm operates, so that your case gets the attention it deserves from an actual attorney.)
- Does your law firm have extensive litigation experience? (Can the lawyer go before a jury and convince them of the merits of your case?)
- Is your law firm well-known in the legal community? Do defense attorneys respect (and fear) the lawyer?
- Is your firm aggressive? (Will they push to get the case resolved quickly – with just compensation – or will the case languish due to inaction as the statute of limitations erodes?)
- Will you come to my home or hospital room or do I have to travel to your offices regardless of the inconvenience this may cause me?
- From the start of my case, will you prepare the case for a trial or take the shorter path of a settlement?
Elman Law Group LLC is an Illinois Personal Injury law firm that concentrates in car accidents as well as other vehicle-related accidents (pedestrian, bicycle, bus, truck, etc) This intense focus – plus an average of 30 years average experience among our attorneys – allows us to consistently achieve winning verdicts and settlements.
We can be reached at (773) 392-8182 at any time