Blizzard conditions throughout northern Illinois, including Lake County, have contributed to many car accidents throughout the county. Snowfall began on Sunday, November 25 and continued overnight into Monday morning.
Throughout the county snowfall totals generally ranged from 6 to 10 inches. However, making driving conditions especially problematical were blizzard conditions including high winds (gusts up to 60 mph) which at times contributed to whiteout conditions. As well, ice was prevalent on road surfaces.
Among the types of accidents seen in the area during these blizzard conditions and afterward were many “slide-offs,” spinouts, and truck jackknifes.
There were many reported Lake County car accidents. A review of county crash data shows that the accidents were distributed throughout Lake County. So far, there have been no fatalities reported due to these crashes; injury information is not yet available.
Among the crashes included those on:
- Eastbound IL Rte 22 at Quentin Rd in Kildeer
- Sheridan Road at Greenwood Ave in Waukegan
- US Hwy 41 south of IL Rte 173 in Wadsworth
- US Hwy 12 north of Big Hollow Rd in Fox Lake
- Northbound I-94 south of IL Rte 22 in Lake Forest
- Long Grove Road east of US Hwy 12 in Long Grove
- US Hwy 41 south of Wadsworth Road in Wadsworth
- Northbound Quentin Road north of Cuba Rd in Lake Zurich
- Northbound US Hwy 45 north of IL Rte 132
- Northbound IL Rte 21 at IL Rte 120 in Gurnee
- IL Rte 43 (Waukegan Road) at Everett Rd in Lake Forest
- Buffalo Grove Road south of Aptakisic Road in Buffalo Grove
- Southbound IL Rte 21 at Casey Road
- US Hwy 45 north of IL Rte 132
- Westbound Grand Ave west of McAree Road in Waukegan
- Sheridan Road at 14th St in North Chicago
- Southbound I94 south of Deerfield Rd in Deerfield
- IL Rte 137 east of River Road in Green Oaks
- IL Rte 21 at Golf Road in Libertyville
- Southbound US Hwy 41 at IL Rte 137 in North Chicago
Should you be involved in a vehicle accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights. Elman Law Group has compiled a reference document titled “10 Steps You Should Follow After an Auto Accident.”
Elman Law Group LLC (ElmanLaw.com) is a law firm that concentrates in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases involving vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, bike, bus, pedestrian, truck, etc.) This intense focus allows us to consistently achieve winning verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Should you be involved in a car accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights. You should not assume – especially without proper legal representation – that you will receive appropriate compensation for your injuries, hardships and/or losses. To immediately speak directly with a trial lawyer from the Elman Law Group, call (773) 392-8182 at any time. There is no fee for this consultation.