As seen in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT) 2010 Fatal Crash Data Report, the Thanksgiving holiday period, defined as 6:00 p.m. on November 23 – 11:59 p.m. on November 28, was one of the most common holiday periods for fatal drunk driving accidents in 2010.
In the June 8 post, titled “Drivers Reporting More Possible DUIs In Chicago IL Suburbs,” there is this list of possible indications of drunk driving:
- driving at an improper speed
- making wide turns
- drifting or weaving across lanes
- braking erratically
- driving without headlights on at night
- Quick acceleration or deceleration
- Weaving or zig-zagging across the road
- Driving anywhere other than on a road designated for vehicles
- Almost striking an object, curb, or vehicle
- Stopping without cause or erratic braking
- Drifting in and out of traffic lanes
- Signaling that is inconsistent with driving actions
- Slow response to traffic signals (e.g. sudden stop or delayed start)
- Straddling the center lane marker
- Driving with headlights off at night
- Driving slower than 10 mph below the speed limit
- Turning abruptly or illegally
- Driving into opposing traffic on the wrong side of the road
Elman Joseph Law Group, LLC concentrates in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases involving car accidents as well as other types of transportation-related accidents (bike, bus, motorcycle, pedestrian, truck, etc.). This intense focus, along with decades of experience practicing case law in Illinois, allows us to consistently achieve winning verdicts and settlements for our clients.
If you or a relative have been injured or killed in an accident, call 773-392-8182 at any time for a free consultation to discuss your rights. There is no fee for this consultation.