On Wednesday (January 23, 2019) there was an elevated number of Lake County vehicle accidents. Additionally, many vehicles stalled.
The Lake County vehicle accidents were caused by many factors that have made for slick and “icy” roadway conditions. These factors include significant continuous snowfall and a widespread rain and sleet mix the night before. Overnight colder temperatures have also contributed to slick road conditions. Among the types of crashes that typically occur during these types of road conditions are spinouts, slide-offs, and “rear-end collisions” if vehicles can’t slow or stop in time to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of them. All of these types of accidents can result in a range of significant accident injuries.
The Illinois Department of Transportation, in a January 18, 2019 media release titled “Snow, plummeting temps, strong winds, bring challenging travel conditions this weekend” (pdf), provided various tips with regard to safe driving in adverse weather conditions.
Among the tips seen in the media release include:
- Use extra caution in areas susceptible to ice, including ramps, bridges, curves and shady areas.
- Always wear a seat belt. It’s the law and your best protection in the event of a crash.
- If you are involved in a crash, remain inside your vehicle. Exiting your vehicle near a busy roadway can have fatal consequences.
A review of Lake County vehicle accident data shows accidents that are distributed throughout the county.
A sample of the locations of crashes on January 23 include:
- a crash on Lewis Avenue in Waukegan
- a crash on IL Rte 59 in Wauconda
- a crash on North Avenue in Antioch
- an accident on US Hwy 45 north of Milburn Road
- a crash on Wadsworth Road in Beach Park
- a crash on Rollins Rd in Round Lake Beach
- a crash on St Mary’s Road in Green Oaks
- an accident on IL Route 59 in Barrington
- an accident at Lake-Cook Rd at Quentin Rd
- a crash on westbound IL Route 22 east of IL Rte 83 in Long Grove
- a crash on IL Route 176 at Darrell Rd in Island Lake
Should you be involved in a vehicle accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights. Elman Joseph Law Group has compiled a reference document titled “10 Steps You Should Follow After an Auto Accident.”
Elman Joseph Law Group, LLC (ElmanLaw.com) is a law firm that concentrates in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases involving vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, bike, bus, pedestrian, truck, etc.) This intense focus allows us to consistently achieve winning verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Should you be involved in a car accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights. You should not assume – especially without proper legal representation – that you will receive appropriate compensation for your injuries, hardships and/or losses. To immediately speak directly with a trial lawyer from the Elman Joseph Law Group, call (773) 392-8182 at any time. There is no fee for this consultation.