Speeding In Lake County Including Highland Park Incidents

Speeding in Lake County continues to present a traffic safety hazard.  As discussed on the “Speed As An Accident Cause And The Potential For Serious Injuries” page, statistics indicate that driving at excessive speed often contributes to or causes a driver to crash.  As well, driving at higher speeds often causes accident injuries to be much greater in severity.  This speeding often accompanies driver impairments such as driving while intoxicated by alcohol or driving while drug-impaired.

The Highland Park Patch article of October 1, 2018, titled “DUI Driver Was Speeding At Least 40 MPH Over Limit:  HP Blotter” mentions various alleged instances of speeding in Lake County.  As seen in the article, a number of incidents in Highland Park resulted in drivers being charged with DUI and other charges such as improper lane usage and running a red light.  Some of the drivers were cited for speeding as well; one was cited for driving at least 40 mph over the speed limit.

Additional details regarding these issues regarding speeding in Lake County can be seen in the sources mentioned above.


Should you be involved in a vehicle accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights. Elman Law Group has compiled a reference document titled “10 Steps You Should Follow After an Auto Accident.”


Elman Law Group LLC (ElmanLaw.com) is a law firm that concentrates in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases involving vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, bike, bus, pedestrian, truck, etc.) This intense focus allows us to consistently achieve winning verdicts and settlements for our clients.

Should you be involved in a car accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights.  You should not assume – especially without proper legal representation – that you will receive appropriate compensation for your injuries, hardships and/or losses.  To immediately speak directly with a trial lawyer from the Elman Law Group, call (773) 392-8182 at any time.  There is no fee for this consultation.