Wrongful Death Suit Filed Regarding Fatal Grayslake Accident

In the May 16, 2016 post (“Driver Dies Following Crash On Route 120 In Grayslake“) a crash is summarized which led to the death of Malia Johnson.  The crash happened on Route 120 in Grayslake.

Recently, a wrongful death lawsuit has been filed in Lake County Circuit Court regarding this accident.  The lawsuit is being filed on behalf of Malia Johnson’s family members.

The lawsuit is summarized in the June 23, 2016 Lake County News-Sun article titled “Wrongful-death suit filed in crash that killed Grayslake woman.”

Two excerpts from the article:

The family of a Grayslake chiropractor killed in a May 13 crash on Route 120 filed a wrongful-death lawsuit in Lake County Circuit Court Wednesday against one of the drivers reportedly involved in the multiple-vehicle collision.

also, a comment referring to defendant Shawn Flores:

The lawsuit says that Flores, “while in a state of intoxication,” crossed the centerline on Route 120 and struck Johnson’s vehicle head-on.

Additional details regarding this wrongful death lawsuit and underlying accident can be seen in the sources mentioned above.


Should you be involved in a vehicle accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights. Elman Law Group has compiled a reference document titled “10 Steps You Should Follow After an Auto Accident.”


Elman Law Group LLC (ElmanLaw.com) is a law firm that concentrates in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases involving vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, bike, bus, pedestrian, truck, etc.) This intense focus allows us to consistently achieve winning verdicts and settlements for our clients.

Should you be involved in a car accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights.  You should not assume – especially without proper legal representation – that you will receive appropriate compensation for your injuries, hardships and/or losses.  To immediately speak directly with a trial lawyer from the Elman Law Group, call (773) 392-8182 at any time.  There is no fee for this consultation.